BY: DAVID SHEPHERD, NEWS DIRECTOR
JASPER -- Dubois County Health Officials say we’re ready to move forward but warns residents not to take the ease in restrictions lightly.
"I believe we can move forward with Gov. Holcomb's five-stage plan to reopen our state and our county," county health officer, Dr. Ted Waflart said during a news conference Thursday with local officials. "That being said, I can not stress enough that everyone must continue to be responsible and do their part to ensure the success of this effort."
Stage 3 of the governor’s Back-on Track plan begins today. During the news conference, the county’s top doc also talked about the recent spike in COVID-19 cases here in the county.
"As you know, we have recently had a large increase in the number of positive cases in our county. The ISDH (Indiana State Department of Health) has sent two 'Strike Teams' to help us investigate this increase," Waflart explains. "We have been working diligently with the two 'Strike Teams' and our community partners on plans to contain any further spread."
Local health officials Thursday confirmed six of the county’s COVID-19 cases required hospitalization.
So far, 2 Dubois County residents have died. 34 other have recovered.