FROM LOCAL SOURCES / PHOTO: FILE
HUNTINGBURG -- Huntingburg firefighters were called out to Southridge High School Wednesday afternoon on a report of a detector activating in a room within the school building.
"Hot water on a utility sink was let running and a build up of steam in the room set off the detector," explains John Smith with Huntingburg Fire.
School officials tell WITZ Radio News that administrators assessed the situation and evacuated the building. Students were allowed back in a short time later after school officials reassessed the situation.