From State Sources
STATEWIDE -- Indiana residents are invited to come out for the final Free Fishing Weekend.
On Free Fishing Days, Indiana residents can fish public waters without a fishing license or a salmon/trout stamp. On June 1, three Learn to Fish workshops will run from 9 a.m. to noon. Advanced registration is required for the workshops.
— Women’s Learn to Fish, Potato Creek State Park, North Liberty. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2VIHHQO
— Learn to Fish with Lures, Fort Harrison State Park, Indianapolis. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2HKHKqk.
— Learn to Fish for Catfish, Diamond Valley Park, Evansville. To register visit: https://bit.ly/2M6mUHv
There will be several opportunities to fish throughout the state for kids, and families. Events on June 1 will be held at:
- Albion, Chain O'Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
- Anderson, Mounds State Park, 765-642-6627
- Andrews, Salamonie Lake, 260-468-2127
- Avon, Washington Township Park, 317-234-8441
- Bloomington, Monroe Lake (Paynetown SRA), 812-837-9967
- Clarksville, Falls of the Ohio State Park, 812-280-9970
- Corydon, O’Bannon Woods State Park, 812-738-8232
- Evansville, Diamond Valley Lake, 812-789-2724
- Morocco, Willow Slough, 219-285-2704
- New Castle, Summit Lake State Park, 765-766-5873
- North Liberty, Potato Creek State Park, 574-656-8186 x 250
- Peru, Mississinewa Lake, 260-468-2127
- Rockville, Cecil M. Harden Lake (Raccoon SRA), 765-280-4012
- Vallonia, Starve Hollow State Recreation Area, 812-358-3464
- West Terre Haute, Wabashiki Fish & Wildlife Area, 765-653-0453
- Winamac, Tippecanoe River State Park, 574-946-3213
June 2 events will be held at:
- Albion, Chain O' Lakes State Park, 260-636-2654
- Indianapolis, Fort Harrison State Park, 317-591-0904
- Morocco, Willow Slough Fish & Wildlife Area, 219-285-2704
Specific information about Free Fishing Day events can be found at dnr.IN.gov/fishfree.