The Washington-Times Herald Contributed to this report
LOOGOOTEE -- A direct lightning strike sparked a house fire Sunday in Loogootee, according to the Washington-Times Herald.
It happened at a home in the 1100 block of Broadway around 8:30 p.m. Sunday.
The older double-wide mobile home was quickly engulfed in flames.
Police say people were home at the time but they got out safely. Unfortunately, all of the pets inside perished in the fire.
The family’s son is in the Army and on deployment overseas.A Go-Fund-Me page has been set up to assist the victims. https://www.gofundme.com/f/taylor-house-fire-relief.