FROM CITY OF JASPER
JASPER -- As a result of the current international pandemic of the COVID-19 virus, and its potential serious health effects to our residents and employees, the City of Jasper will be closing all city buildings to the public, effective 4:00pm, Monday, March 23, 2020. Please contact Jasper City Hall, 812-482-4255 with any questions.
During this time:
• City employees will be working and available to answer phone calls and emails. If there is essential business, it will be available by appointment only.
• Park Department playground equipment will be closed.
• All police, fire and emergency services will remain operational.
• Trash pick-up will continue as usual, unless otherwise notified. We also ask that you please do not leave any additional “bulk” items outside at this time.
• Meetings such as City Council, Board of Works and Safety, etc., will continue as scheduled. The City is striving to balance generally applicable open-door laws with public health guidelines for large gatherings. Rules concerning conduct of public meetings is subject to change, as we receive advice from National, State, and Local officials.
• Utility bills may be paid by mail, placed in the drop off box outside of City Hall, or go through the drive-through located off Jackson Street.
Department Phone Numbers:
• Street Department – 812-482-1130
• Park and Recreation Department – 812-482-5959
• Utility Business Office – 812-482-9131
• Gas and Water Department – 812-482-5252
• Electric Department – 812-482-6881
• Wastewater Dept – 812-482-3277
• Arts Department – 812-482-3070
• Police Department – 812-482-2255
• Fire Department – 812-482-1741
• City Hall (Legal, Engineering, Planning, Clerk-Treasurer) – 812-482-4255 Please follow the CDC preventive measure to help control and contain the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which includes limiting gatherings, keeping social distance from others, frequent hand washing and covering sneezes and coughs.
For further information go to www.cdc.gov.