UPDATE: From NE Dubois Schools .... Around 11:00 A.M. this morning the power went out at the high school.
During this time staff recognized an odor that concerned them. The high school evacuated the premises and called in the local fire department to do a carbon monoxide check with their monitors.
Power was restored by the Dubois County REC around 11:30. Fire department gave the all clear about the same time and students returned to the building.
Staff, students, emergency responders and the REC are to be commended for their patience, understanding and quick response to the situation. It turned out to be a great drill that was administered properly.
BREAKING: Fire crews are being called out to Northeast Dubois High School on a report of no power and the slight smell of gas.
Officials say a school resource officer is requesting a truck with gas meters.
No other details are available at this time. This doesn't seem like a big deal, however, you may notice crews in the area so we wanted you to know why. We will keep you posted.