Vincennes- Vincennes University faculty and staff play the prime role in helping the University achieve its mission, goals, and vision.
Seven VU faculty and staff have been honored with Peer Recognition Awards for their extraordinary achievements, leadership, service, and dedication to the University.
The 2023 Peer Recognition Award recipients are (in alphabetical order):
- Tony Cummins, Assistant Professor of Mathematics
- Elizabeth Curtis, English Department Secretary
- JoEllen Horne, Communication and Performing Arts Secretary
- Cindy McHenry, Center for Health Sciences Custodial Maintenance Associate
- Randi Menke, Chelsea Lawless Computer Lab Assistant
- Traci Stephens, Health Information Management Assistant Professor
- Janice Strange, Chelsea Lawless Computer Lab Assistant
VU President Dr. Chuck Johnson presented the 2023 recipients with their awards during a reception in the Shake Learning Resource Center on Wednesday, Nov. 8.
“We congratulate the outstanding Vincennes University staff and faculty honored with well-deserved Peer Recognition awards. Their dedication, passion, and commitment to excellence continue to blaze bright, and we are truly thankful for their tireless efforts. The 2023 award recipients inspire us with their remarkable contributions and impact, making VU a tremendous place to learn and work. VU is proud and grateful for all of the staff and faculty who were nominated by their peers.”
Peers nominate VU faculty and staff based on exemplary service and performance annually. The President’s Advisory Committee selects the recipients.