Martin Co.- Two men are looking at charges after getting pulled over for speeding.
On Saturday morning, just before 8:30 am, Indiana State Police Master Trooper Jarrod Lents pulled over a vehicle for speeding on US-231 near Inman Cemetery Road.
Officials say Trooper Lents suspected criminal activity. The driver, Benton G. Price of Glasgow, Kentucky, provided false identifying information. Trooper Lents along with Martin County Reserve Deputy Josh Harmon detained the five individuals inside the vehicle to conduct a search.
The search revealed over 21 grams of methamphetamine, marijuana, paraphernalia and evidence of dealing. Price and one of the passengers, Tyler M. Kenworthy of Indianapolis, were arrested and taken to the Martin County Jail.
Price is facing a number of charges including:
- Dealing Methamphetamine (Level 5 Felony)
- Possession of Methamphetamine (Level 6 Felony)
- Possession of a Narcotic Drug (Level 6 Felony)
- Illegal Possession of a Syringe (Level 6 Felony)
- Possession of Marijuana (Class B Misdemeanor)
- Possession of Paraphernalia (Class C Misdemeanor)
Kenworthy is facing a charge of Level 6 Felony Possession of Methamphetamine.