By: David Shepherd, News Director / Anchor
DUBOIS -- Fire crews responded to a fire Tuesday morning at the Kalb Turkey Barn in the 7,000 block of North Hickory Grove Road.
The owner, Sean Kalb tells WITZ Radio News new turkeys were set to arrive today, so the barn was empty as work was done inside one of the barns. A heater inside is believed to have sparked the blaze.
No one was inside the building at the time of the fire and no turkeys were lost.
Kalb says there is significant damage to the barn, but it could have been worse. The fire broke out near a propane tank which could have exploded had the fire reached it.
News director David Shepherd is returning from the scene. This story will be updated as needed.