News Director David Shepherd arrived on scene shortly after 8:45 Tuesday morning to see thick, black smoke rising from the home on the corner of Geisler Road and Church Avenue.
Fire investigators believe the fire started in the kitchen and spread upstairs to the upper floors.
No one was hurt, however, Shepherd witnessed fire crews bringing a puppy out of the home. He didn’t make it.
Two cats were rescued.
Officials say the home may be a total loss.
The American Red Cross has been called in to assist.