Otwell Man Arrested for OWI and Possession of Meth
Pike County– Wednesday night, January 25, at approximately 7:40 p.m., Trooper Stein stopped the driver of a 2006 Ford on I-69 near the 46 mile-marker for a headlight violation.
The driver was identified as Michael Doades, 42, of Otwell. The passenger was identified as Haley Alexander, 31, of Indianapolis. Due to suspicious activity and Doades displaying signs of impairment, Trooper Stein requested assistance and a K-9 unit. While waiting for assistance to arrive, Stein was able to determine Alexander had an active warrant out of Hendricks County. After additional officers arrived, Doades submitted to field sobriety tests and failed.
When officers searched Doades they discovered a black pouch inside his shoe containing approximately 20 grams of suspected methamphetamine and several syringes. A search of the vehicle revealed additional syringes and a smoking pipe. Further investigation revealed Doades tested positive for methamphetamine and marijuana. Doades and Alexander were transported to the Pike County Jail where they are currently being held on bond.
Arrested and Charges:
- Michael Doades, 42, Otwell, IN
- Possession of Meth, Level 4 Felony
- Possession of Syringes, Level 6 Felony
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Class A Misdemeanor
- Driving While Intoxicated, Class C Misdemeanor
- Haley Alexander, 31, Indianapolis, IN
- Warrant – Failure to Appear for Invasion of Privacy