Monroe Co. - Monroe Lake’s popular Halloween special event, Ghostly Gathering, returns to Paynetown State Recreation Area this year on Oct. 22-24.
All event activities are open to both campers and day visitors and do not require any advance signup; however, craft activities will be available only while supplies last. Program details are available at bit.ly/ghostlygathering2021.
Here’s a list of activities by date:
Friday, Oct. 22
- Roving Naturalist: Spooky(?) Spiders from 2 to 4 p.m.
- Ghostly Games and Challenges from 5:30 to 7 p.m.
- Halloween History and Folktales at 8 p.m.
Saturday, Oct. 23
- Pumpkin Painting from 9:30 to 11 a.m., $3/pumpkin (cash only).
- Creepy, Crawly Crafts from 12:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- Paper Halloween Masks from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
- Trick-or-Treating from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Campsite Decorating Contest Judging from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
- Ghosts of Indiana State Parks at 8 p.m.
Sunday, Oct. 24
- Roll-a-Frankenstein from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Walk the Spider’s Web from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Those interested in reserving a campsite for the weekend can do so at camp.IN.gov. Electric sites are already full but non-electric and tent sites are still available.
The daily entrance fee for Paynetown SRA, located at 4850 S. State Road 446, Bloomington, is $7 per vehicle with Indiana license plates and $9 per vehicle with out-of-state plates). Indiana State Parks Annual Entrance Permits are also accepted.
Questions about Ghostly Gathering programming should be directed to Jill Vance, Monroe Lake’s interpretive naturalist, at [email protected] or 812-837-9967.
To view more DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.