FROM MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
JASPER -- Memorial Hospital is implementing new visitor restrictions effective immediately.
The new visitation restrictions are as follows......
- Entrances to our facilities will be limited.
- Visitors will complete a brief health screening at entrances.
- Each patient will be allowed one visitor over the age of 15. Visitors will be restricted to the patient’s room. Visiting hours are limited.
- Any non-essential visitors (those visiting the cafeteria, gift shop, etc.) vendors, and contractors will not be permitted to enter the hospital.
- No visitors are allowed with influenza-like symptoms. These include cough, sore throat, fever, chills, aches, runny or stuffy nose, and/or vomiting or diarrhea.
- Visitors are encouraged to wash their hands frequently while in the hospital and wear protective face masks when instructed.
- Exceptions to these restrictions may be made for cases involving critically ill patients and end-of-life situations.
- Due to Federal guidance for long term care facilities, Memorial Hospital and Health Care Center's Skilled Caring Center is required to restrict all visitors, except for end-of-life situations. The same restrictions are in place for Memorial Hospital's Inpatient Rehab Center.
These measures are being taken in an effort to protect patients, families, and hospital staff. We appreciate the community’s understanding and cooperation.