BY: DAVID SHEPHERD, NEWS DIRECTOR / E-MEDIA MANAGING EDITOR
JASPER -- The Jasper Fire Department responded to a small fire at a north-side apartment complex Sunday.
It happened around lunch time at the Northern Hills Apartment complex on Baden Strasse. The person living in the apartment wasn’t home at the time, according to eyewitnesses on the scene.
A neighbor tells us she heard her neighbor’s smoke detector going off as smoke began coming into her apartment.
Authorities say food was left on the stove and it caught fire. It appears the damage is minor.