INFORMATION PROVIDED BY: MATT CRANE - DUBOIS COUNTY FREE PRESS / PHOTO: FILE
JASPER -- The Jasper Common Council has passed an ordinance allowing food trucks to operate within the city limits beginning October 1st.
The Free Press is reporting the council also approved measures to limit where those food trucks can do business.
The city also restricted the placement of mobile food vendors to private property zoned for business or commercial use with a note from the property owner and certain designated city properties. Those city properties include the following locations and times.
- Dave Buehler Plaza parking lots (3rd Avenue and 4th Street).
- Parking spaces on Courthouse Square, after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and during normally permitted hours on weekends.
- Parking spaces on 7th through 9th Streets between Newton Street and Jackson Street, after 5:00 p.m. on weekdays and during normally permitted hours on weekends.
- William Schroeder Soccer Complex parking lot (405 W 2nd Street), excluding Sundays during April, May, August, September and October.
- Farmer’s Market upon completion and submission of executed Vendor Agreement and payment, payable to: GDJBA, PO Box 307, Jasper, IN 47547-0307.
Vendors will need to apply for a special permit from the city. Lemonade stands, bake sale tables and other stands operated by children selling homemade items are not regulated by the new ordinance.