HFD: Morning Fire at Iron Paradise Fitness Center Caused by Improper Electrical Cords

From Local Sources

HUNTINGBURG -- It could have been worse.  That word from Huntingburg Fire officials following an overnight fire at the Iron Paradise Fitness Center.

The 911 call came in at 2:46 a.m.

Responding firefighters arrived to find smoke coming from the building.

Fire investigator John Smith says the electrical fire was sparked by incorrectly-used extension cords.

Smith reminds you to be cautious with extension cords like the ones involved in this morning’s fire.

He adds you can call your local fire department if you ever have any questions about fire prevention.

3 trucks with 18 fire fighters were on scene for about two hours this morning.

Luckily, no injuries were reported.