Cigarette to Blame For Weekend House Fire; Residents Displaced


DAVIESS COUNTY -- The Haysville Fire Department responded to that fire Sunday morning at a home in the 6000 block of N. U.S. 231 in Daviess County.

Officials say a cigarette caused the fire.  The homeowner put a cigarette out in a can and threw it away.  The cigarette caught the bag on fire and the flames spread.

Luckily no one was hurt.  There was extensive damage to the home, but authorities say it’s not a total loss.

Crews were on scene for close to two hours.