This is a developing story. Check back often for updates to this list.
- WASHINGTON COMMUNITY SCHOOLS - CLOSED FRIDAY (E-LEARNING DAY)
- SOUTH SPENCER SCHOOLS - CLOSED FRIDAY (E-LEARNING DAY)
School Closings Brought to you by:
Read more from local health officials below:
The Dubois County Health Department has had only one (1) school called to notify that their percentage of students absent from school was equal to 20% of their enrolled students.
Per 512 Indiana Administrative Code 1-2-2, public and accredited nonpublic schools are required to report to the local health department and the state attendance officer of the Department of Education the percentage of student absences when the percentage of students absent from a school is equal of greater than 20% of the enrolled students. There has been 9 long-term care facility outbreaks this season state-wide. We have a 87% of influenza specimens collected were tested positive for the flu at the ISDH laboratory.
Local health officials are urging residents to take steps to avoid getting the flu, including getting your flu shot. Those officials say it's not too late to do that.
Other ways to prevent spread of disease is to:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water is not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick. Get plenty of rest.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash. Consider wearing a mask.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces