- 2-3 lbs. chicken, cut into portion sized pieces (You can use boneless chicken breasts)
- 2 eggs, beaten until yellow
- 2 cups bread crumbs, rolled finely
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup finely diced green pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced celery
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. oregano
- 1/4 lb. butter
Dry chicken with a paper towel. Dip pieces into beaten eggs.
Mix bread crumbs, cheeses, green pepper, celery, salt, and oregano in a plastic ziploc bag. Put each piece of chicken into the mixture in the bag and shake until coated.
Spread 2 tbs. melted butter in the bottom of a large flat baking pan. Place chicken on melted butter with the skin side down. Dot with chips of butter. Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake 45 minutes at 350°.
Remove foil and turn pieces of chicken over. Bake for an additional 30 minutes at 350° or until golden brown.