- 2 Tbsp. butter (add more if needed)
- about 8 large kale leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped mixed herbs, such as parsley, thyme, chives, and chervil
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, coarsely chopped
- 3 uncooked eggs, whisked
- 1 cup whole-milk yogurt (or sour cream)
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups flour
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat. Add the kale and onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the kale leaves are tender, about 10-12 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Add the chopped herb mixture and the hard boiled eggs to the kale mixture. Stir gently to combine and remove from the heat.
In the meantime, combine the yogurt (or sour cream), mayonniase, and whisked eggs. Add in the flour, baking powder, and a good pinch of salt. Whisk until just smooth.
Pour half the batter in the bottom of a 12-inch pie dish. Layer in the kale mixture. Cover with the remaining batter. Bake for 45 minutes, until the top is shiny and golden. Cool for 15 minutes and serve warm.