Often times that yellow or brown color on your vinyl floor covering is wax buildup. The things you’ll need to get rid of it are:
- 2 cups Ammonia
- 1 cup non-bleach powdered dishwasher detergent
1) Mix 2 cups ammonia into 2 gallons of water in a large bucket. Pour in 1 cup of non-bleach powdered dish washer soap. Dip a mop into the solution to help dissolve the soap.
2) Squeeze the excess liquid out of the mop and apply to the yellow or brown spots on the vinyl flooring. Scrub the spots with the scrubber edge of the mop.
3) Repeat the process of wetting the mop and scrubbing all the spots on the floor.
4) Wipe up any loosened wax or residue from the vinyl with an old towel or rag.
5) Rinse the floor with fresh water. Dip the mop into the bucket of water. Wring out the excess water and apply to the floor. Scrub the vinyl with the scrub edge of the mop.
6) Mop up the rinse water with clean towels and rags. Competely dry the entire floor. Apply wax if desired.