- 2 lbs. small red potatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 6 Tbsp. cider vinegar, divided
- 1/2 lb. smoked Kielbasa or Cajun sausage
- 6 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 20 to 30 minutes until tender. Drain. Rinse with cold water. Be sure to cool the potatoes completely. Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch slices. Put into a large bowl.
Add onions, parsley, and 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Toss them together.
In a medium skillet, cook sausage in oil until it begins to brown. Remove with a slotted spoon and add to potato mixture.
Add mustard, garlic, pepper, cayenne pepper, and the remaining vinegar to the drippings in the skillet. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Pour over salad. Toss gently. Serve immediately.