I mentioned in a previous posting last week that I’d be going to my first ever Old Jasper Day. And that is exactly what I did this past Sunday. I had a blast and got to see a lot of amazing things. I went to the Jasper Mill. I walked the Riverwalk. I took a ride on the Spirit of Jasper Train. And I got to enjoy my first Patoka 2000 Duck Race. There were so many adorable little toy ducks racing to the finish line!
Unfortunately, I didn’t win anything. Fortunately for you, I do have a list of all the people who did win as well as what they won. Hopefully you’re one of the people on the list of Duck Race winners.
So without further ado, here is the list of 2013 winners:
1) Jim McGovren – $250 Shopping Spree from the Downtown Jasper Business Association
2) Alan Johnson – Picnic Table from Krempp Lumber Company
3) Alice Merkel – $100 Gift Certificate from Green Thumb Landscaping
4) Sharon Heaton – $100 Cash from Bob Luegers Motors
5) Gavin Arthur – $100 Cash from Uebelhor & Sons
6) Gerald Apple – One (1) 6-month subscription to the Herald
7) Elle Readle – $50 Gift Certificate from Green Tree Antiques
8) Jeff & Helen Hasenour – $50 Gift Certificate from Audio World
9) Melinda Hulsman – Stadium Seat with Blanket from Dubois R.E.C.
10) Melinda Hulsman – Assorted clothing and accessories from Jasper Engines
Congratulations to all the people who won during the Patoka 2000 Duck Race this year!
Money that was raised during the Annual Duck Race will support the continuing efforts of Patoka 2000. Some of those efforts include the semi-annual clean-up of the Patoka Bridge Area; beautification of the Patoka Bridge Area (planting flowers, spreading mulch, etc); Planting the flowers on the bridge each season; re-greening and tree planting in the downtown areas of Jasper; as well as planting trees, preserving existing trees, and properly trimming trees.
If you’d like some more information about Patoka 2000, you can always call the Jasper Chamber of Commerce at 812-482-6866.