The Dubois County 4-H Fair is coming up. And like so many recent events, this is going to be my first Dubois County 4-H Fair experience. I absolutely love going to fairs and I’m sure this one will be enjoyable. I can’t wait to see the amazing events that the 4-H fair will have to offer!
You’ll be able to meet some of the WITZ staff during the fair as well. WITZ will have a booth in the evenings from Monday, July 15 through Thursday, July 18th. This is a great time for you to meet some of your favorite WITZ personalities! I’ll be at the booth on Monday evening and Wednesday evening…so come out and see me!
There are a lot of events that are going to take place throughout fair week. I have some of the events you have to look forward to listed below. It’s not a complete schedule of events for the fair. It’s just a few of the many events that sound like they’re going to be interesting and a lot of fun!
Saturday, July 13
- 7:30 p.m. – Hog Wrestling. Admission is $5. It’s in the Grandstand Arena.
Sunday, July 14
- 9:00 a.m. -Run 4 Fun 5K Trail and Fun Run. Sign in is at the front of the Annex/Fair Office!
- 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. – Chainsaw Artist Sheri Kieffner.
- 5:00 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. – Grand Opening Celebration. This will feature the State Fair Queen of 2012, as well as the 2013 Dubois County4-H Fair Queen, Brooke Wessel, and the 2013 Dubois County 4-H Fair Junior Miss, Jessica Hilsmeyer.
- 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. – Mountain Harmony Bluegrass Band performs.
Monday, July 15
- 7:00 p.m. – Big Hat Rodeo. $10 per ticket ($5 for 4-Hers and Club Leaders with a 4-H Card). This will be in the Grandstand Arena.
- 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Danielle Wehr performs.
Tuesday, July 16
- 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Dubois County Leukemia Association Bone Marrow Registry Drive at Clover Pavillion.
- 7:00 p.m. – Garden Tractor Pull. Free admission!
- 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – The Hiding performs.
Wednesday, July 17
- 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Chainsaw Artist Sheri Kieffner.
- 7:30 p.m. – Horse Pull. Free Admission.
- 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. – Jerry Frazier performs.
Thursday, July 18
- 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m. – 4-H Fishing Contest.
- 6:00 p.m. – Corn Hole Tournament.
- 8:00 p.m. – Tug of War. Free Admission.
- 7:00 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. – Jessica Kenney performs.
Friday, July 19
- 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. – Chainsaw Artist Sheri Kieffner
- 6:30 p.m. – Kiddie Pedal Pull
- 7:30 p.m. – Lawnmower Demolition Derby / Car Ramp and Roll Show. Admission is $5. (Free for 4-Hers and Club Leaders with a 4-H Card).
- 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Daniel Epperson performs.
Saturday, July 20
- 6:00 p.m. – Demolition Derby. Admission is $10. A Pit Pass is $20.
- 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Fire N Ice perform.
As I said, this is just a brief list of some of the events that are going to take place during the Dubois County 4-H Fair. If you’d like a complete list with events, times, and locations, you can get that by clicking here.
Don’t forget to come out and see your favorite WITZ personalities. I’ll be at the fair on both Monday and Wednesday evenings! I sincerely hope that I’ll see you there!