Facebook
Listen Live

Dale Fireworks Store Destroyed in Fire

A large fire that a started in a fireworks store completely destroyed a building in Dale last night.

The fire broke out in the building on Washington Street across from the gas station around 6:00 pm Central Time and Firefighters say when they arrived on scene, the entire building was engulfed in flames.

The building had three apartments on the top floor of the building but all occupants got out safely.

Fire officials say the fire wasn’t easy to fight. They say were flames shooting out of the roof and windows when they arrived.

Carter Township Fire Chief Dan Reinke said he had two concerns, first making sure no one was still in the building; second was to make sure his crew wasn’t hurt while fighting the blaze with those fireworks exploding all around them.

Reinke said the safety of his crew was a top priority:

Fire Chief Dan Reinke

Huntingburg Fire Department sent their ladder truck to help fight the fire.

Fortunately, there were no injuries. The state fire marshal’s office is investigating to try to determine the source of the fire.

Red Cross volunteers are helping those affected by the fire.

Our news gathering partner, Channel 14 supplied the audio for this story.

  • Roger Stuckey 9am-2pm

    oan_rstuckey_9-2