The Dubois County Airport Authority Board met Monday night and heard:
- The airport board has submitted a letter of opposition to the construction of the proposed cell phone tower on Ferdinand’s north side, which would be too near the flight path for landing from the east.
- Received from the FAA payment for land acquisition for the runway extension in the amount of over $300,000.00.
- Voted to approve a request to advertise for bids on about 200 acres of property at the airport. The board will meet with INDOT on November 19th concerning the Airport Layout Plan.
- Woolpert Engineering has re-submitted paperwork to the FAA for approval of the previously rejected request for $80,000.00 in costs associated with the land acquisition of property to the west of the airport to clear the land for more visible night approaches from the west. Airport Manager Travis McQueen says they could have an answer on that issue in the next two weeks.
- Held a meeting at 2:30 pm Monday afternoon with representatives from the Dubois County Highway Department, including county engineer Brent Wendholt on the construction of the tunnel for CR 200 West, which will allow for the extension of the runway to the east. McQueen says the meeting was very positive and the board was pleased with the concepts for construction of the structure.